The 6 Best Scope for 300 Win Mag Rifle
1. Vortex Optics Crossfire II – Best 300 win mag scopebest scope for 22lr rifle also. Let’s first talk about the things that this scope comes with. The scope comes in well packed in plastic wrapping, the box also contains rifles scope manual and foams are placed well so that the scope doesn’t get damaged while shipping. One thing that you must remember is to read the warning label. If you haven’t, it tells you not to exceed 18 inches/pounds of torque on the ring’s screws. It also comes with lens covers which keeps your scope in a better condition by keeping grime and dirt off from your scope. The scope doesn’t come with an amount, so you’ll have to get the amount separately. On the back, it also has a focus range which helps you get dialed in. The turret caps are placed nice and tidy and they have covering seals there as well. The turret has an audible click and the travel per rotation is 30 MOA. Both the side and top turret are pretty similar. One of its’ unique features is V Brite Reticle. This battery-powered reticle gives your dot an electronically powered mark which is quintessential for actions in low light situations. This illuminated red dot is an awesome add on which gives it an edge over similarly classed scopes! The weight of this scope is 1 pound which is quite heavy for a 1 to 4. For optics of such weight Id want more power and clarity and last but not the least more magnification. Yet, it’s a quite good scope for 300 win mag. This scope is waterproof, a small fog develops after getting it into the water but that goes away after some time and that’s normal. it also claims to be fog proof and shockproof! Here is another review for Vortex Crossfire II 3-9×40.
- V Brite Reticle.
- Effective waterproofing.
- Designed for long-distance shooting.
- Aircraft-grade aluminum body.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Heavy scope
- Extremely fragile with slight over-torquing.
2. Nikon Buckmasters II, 4-12x40mm, BDCwarranty of 30 long years which is quite fascinating! The warranty though is not transferable, which means it will only apply to the original buyer. Nikon claims that this scope is effective in hunting animals. They also profess this scope to be water, fog and shockproof. Bright sight picture is what I’d call its’ strength. You will be able to enjoy shooting with this scope in darker conditions. And with the improved accuracy, your hunting experiences are expected to be satisfactory. Offering excellent quality in their product is something that created the Nikon fan base and they continue to maintain superb quality in designing scopes in Buckmaster II as well. Here is another Nikon ProStaff 3-9×40 Review. The thing that separates this scope from any other scopes in the market is its pricing. The quality Nikon offers with the price is just unimaginable.
- Great quality.
- Highly affordable.
- Better than other scopes at the price.
- Great hunting capabilities.
- Reticle could have been better.
- Parallax not adjustable.
3. Athlon Optics, Argos BTR, Riflescope, 6-24 x 50
- Lifetime warranty.
- First focal plane.
- Illuminated reticle.
- Aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Turret may overspin.
- Intolerant to power.
4. Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II Riflescopes
- Big turrets.
- Knurling on the turrets.
- Parallax setting.
- Good reticle.
- Great re-zero ability.
- Low battery life.
5. Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x50mm Riflescopebest long-range scope for 300 win mag. If you’re someone who craves a truly high-end scope but cannot afford to have one than this is for you. You’ll get the high-end scope features within your price range.
- Hold zero best.
- Easy to use.
- Various MOA adjustments.
- Aircraft quality aluminum.
- Can be expensive for some.
6. Vortex Optics Razor HD Gen II First Focal Plane Riflescopes
- Outstanding glass quality.
- Simple to use.
- Smart design.
- Superior locking designs.
- Illuminated reticle.
- Quite heavy.
- Elevation adjustments could be improved.
Buying guide to get the best 300 win mag scopeOkay, getting the desired scope for your rifle isn’t an easy job. There are thousands of choices in the market and you’ll need to find the best sorta scope that fits your requirements as well as matches your rifle. Our guide will get you the required understanding that helps you choose the best 300 win mag scope. Something here: How to use a rifle scope for hunting
ReticleThe reticle is a series of markings printed on the glass of the scope to help you with correct measurement for shooting. Getting a quality reticle in your scope is something that you should always look for. The reticle design of the different scopes is not the same. So, getting a good reticle in your scope is recommended for a satisfactory shooting experience.
Glass qualityOne thing that you must think about your 300 win mag scope magnification is its clarity. Quality of the glass of the scope is something that is a prerequisite for a decent shooting experience. You Must find the scopes with the best glasses. Try to find glasses with no tunneling. It increases the optical quality
Eye reliefSometimes when you’re using a scope and with magnification, it starts to lose the image quality. It could be because you have the wrong eye relief. When you get a scope with a large objective or high ring, they seem to struggle to get your face in line with the scope. You can get a cheek rest as well for better eye relief. All in all, you should get a scope that offers you the best eye relief for more quality shooting time.
TurretsTurrets are important in terms of getting a scope for comfortable shooting. Try to see if your scope has locking turrets. This will give the advantage of locking into your desirable adjustments. Otherwise, your desired adjustments may change during the shooting. Check here: How to adjust a rifle scope before hunting
MagnificationYou must choose your desired shooting range. Depending on your required shooting range you will choose the magnification of your scope. There are two types of magnification system in scopes. One is fixed another is, variable. Fixed magnification cannot be changed and you’ll have to stick with the installed magnification range. With variables, as the name suggests, you’ll be able to change magnifications as you want. Most of the recent and advanced scopes use variable magnification.
StrengthAnother important factor that you always should check before buying a scope is its strength. Most of the scope manufacturer claims their scope to be water, fog and shockproof. Make sure your scope has those features before getting them exposed to water and other difficult conditions. Try to get scopes that are made with aircraft-grade aluminum. They are expected to be stronger than ordinary scope materials.
WeightWeight is always something to think about before buying a scope from the market. If you’re not accustomed to heavy scopes you’ll certainly regret having one. The lighter scope will give you more reflex and flexibility. On the other hand, some high-end scopes tend to be heavier. So, before buying a scope you must understand if it suits your shooting style.
WarrantyThe warranty has become a selling point of most of the scopes right now in the market. Tbh, scopes that have true quality in them don’t need a lifetime warranty. Yet, offering warranty gives in the users mind a sense of security and a sort of assurance that they will be looked after even after the purchase. You can choose a scope that offers you a lifetime warranty. But also keep in mind the transferability of the warranty, you may not use a scope for your entire life and may want to sell it to someone for a possible upgrade.
Which scope is best for 300 win mag? (My personal opinion)There are two scopes in particular which I’d like to talk about in this discussion. First off, the Nikon Buckmasters II, 4-12x40mm, BDC, riflescope should be mentioned. It’s a budget scope that will give an overall quality. With great eye relief and turrets, this is my pick as the scope for 300 win mag within a limited price range. One other scope that can be added is the Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x50mm Riflescope. It’s a tank! With great lighting and various MOA adjustments, this will give a flavor of high-end scopes. But Leupold brings this at a price that is hard to find elsewhere. This US-made beast is perhaps the greatest 300 win mag scope.
Final WordsGetting a quality scope may not be a serious matter of importance to some. But to the millions of gun lovers around the world, it is a matter worth discussing and an affair with much examination and study. So, going through the details of the scopes you’re going to buy has become important. Understanding the characteristics of the scopes is required for acquiring better scopes. Learn the basics of what constitutes a good scope and get the best hunting scope for your rifle today!
I am very passionate about hunting and I am also very enthusiastic about hunting products and tools. Buying any product online is not a simple process. If you buy one without knowing its details or how the other customers have rated its performance, it is highly likely that you end up with a product that doesn’t meet your needs. Read More…